1304 Alpine Church Road NW

Comstock Park, MI 49321

Holy Trinity Catholic School | Comstock Park, MI

Your children.

Their future.

Our commitment.

facebook logo-blue twitter logo-blue box

History of Our School

Holy Trinity Catholic School provides students with a multitude of ways to get involved and maximize their God-given talents!

Have any further questions about HT's history? Call today!

616-784-0696

Fax: 616-988-9415

Holy Trinity School was established in 1870 as a single room building on Alpine Church Road in Comstock Park. As the population continued to grow in the area, a new and larger school and parish were built in 1901 and then again in 1923.

 

The original school was torn down in 1930 and a new rectory was built in its place. An F4 tornado struck the school on Palm Sunday, April 11, 1965. Damage was very extensive and students had to complete the school year at St. Adalbert School. The new facility began educating students in February of 1966 and is the base of the current school building.

The year 2015 marks the 145th year of the school's existence which makes it one of the oldest Catholic schools in the West Michigan area. Since opening its doors, Holy Trinity School has developed a reputation for offering a program of academic excellence and strong faith formation in a Catholic Christian environment. Although Holy Trinity School is located in a rural area surrounded by beautiful farming landscape, it is just a half mile down the road from the busy urban area of Alpine Avenue's shopping and business district. The community is a blend of rural and urban families all seeking a Catholic environment.

Front view of school

By the early 1990's, Holy Trinity  housed four split classrooms. In the fall of 1992 kindergarten curriculum was added. In June 1993, ground was broken for a new Family Center/Gymnasium and 2 additional classrooms. In 2000 an assessment of the campus revealed needs for another renovation of the church, rectory, and school, which were made. The current Master Plan calls for the eventual tearing down of the old convent/religious education building and the addition of a new media center and religious education offices. It also involves moving the preschool and kindergarten to the main school campus and a unified-connected church, school and early childhood center.